Lisa (she/her or they/them) has an MA in women’s history and an MLS in library and information science, completed the UC Berkeley Extension course Indexing: Theory and Application, and pursues continuing education at workshops and conferences offered by the American Society for Indexing.
Lisa’s resume includes scholarly and trade books, and database indexing of public policy journals and periodicals for Public Affairs Information Service, Inc. (PAIS). A generalist in the humanities and social sciences, Lisa specializes in gender and women’s studies, race and ethnic studies, and LGBTQ+ studies. See Books Indexed for a selected list by category.
In addition to owning DeBoer Indexing, Lisa is an associate of Colleen Dunham Indexing.
- Indexing: Theory and Application, University of California Berkeley Extension
- MLS, Library and Information Science, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- MA, Women’s History, Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
- BA, Women’s Studies, State University of New York at New Paltz
- Freelance book and database indexing, 2010-present
- Assistant Editor, OCLC Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS), Inc., New York, NY, 2002-2005. Indexed journal articles, monographs, e-documents, government documents, and Web sites for database on public and social policy. Contributed to maintenance of PAIS subject headings authority file.
- Assistant Division Manager and Archivist, Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn Collection, Brooklyn, NY, 2003-2009. Managed metadata and controlled vocabularies for digitization projects and internal collections database. Worked with cataloger on historic photograph cataloging project.
CINDEX (dedicated indexing software); database indexing; Microsoft Word and Excel; Adobe Acrobat Pro
- American Society for Indexing Board secretary, 2017-2020. Western New York Chapter Chair, 2013-2020.
- Beta Phi Mu International Library & Information Studies Honor Society
Available on request.