Lisa has an MA in Women’s History and an MLS in Library and Information Science. She completed the UC Berkeley Extension course Indexing: Theory and Application and continues her indexing education at workshops and conferences through the American Society of Indexing.
A generalist in the humanities and social sciences, with specialization in women’s studies, history, LGBT studies and race/ethnic studies, Lisa’s indexing experience includes scholarly and trade books, and database indexing of public policy journals and periodicals for Public Affairs Information Service, Inc. (PAIS). See Books Indexed for a selective list by category.
In addition to owning DeBoer Indexing, Lisa is an associate of Colleen Dunham Indexing, http://www.colleendunhamindexing.com/
Lisa served on as Board secretary of the American Society of Indexing (2017-2020), and as chair of the Western New York Chapter (2013-2020). She lives in Ithaca, New York.
- Indexing: Theory and Application course, University of California Berkeley Extension
- MLS, Library and Information Science, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- MA, Women’s History, Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY
- BA, Women’s Studies, State University of New York at New Paltz
- Freelance book and database indexing, 2010-present
- Assistant Editor, OCLC Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS), Inc., (now from CSA) New York, NY, 2002-2005. Indexed journal articles, monographs, e-documents, government documents, and Web sites for database on public and social policy. Contributed to maintenance of PAIS subject headings authority file.
- Assistant Division Manager and Archivist, Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn Collection, Brooklyn, NY, 2003-2009. Managed metadata and controlled vocabularies for digitization projects and internal collections database. Worked with cataloger on historic photograph cataloging project.
CINDEX indexing software; embedded indexing with Index Manager and WordEmbed; database indexing; Microsoft Word
- American Society for Indexing
- Beta Phi Mu International Library & Information Studies Honor Society
Available on request.